Sunday, January 4, 2015

Epiphany


"They were overjoyed at seeing the star." - Mt 2:10
 In his homily for this feast day of Epiphany, my husband brought up some great questions to ponder. Among them were:
Do those who seek God seek Him in the hearts of His followers?
Do they recognize Christ in each of us?
Do the modern seekers still find Christ, not in a stable in Bethlehem, but in you and me?
As a child, I lived in a dark world. I lived in a world where lies were truth and abuse was called love and dark was called light.
Looking back I can see that there were people in my life who testified to the light. I heard it at church. I heard it from my grandmother. I heard it from friends. I heard it from strangers.
I followed that light for years, not knowing why it was there, not understanding what it was or what it meant or exactly what I was supposed to do with it.
But the light drew me. It drew me for years. Eventually it drew me to Jesus. And soon I realized - it was my turn. It was my turn to testify to the light.
It was time for me to be a light for Jesus so others may find Him.

Lord, help me to see you everywhere and in everyone. Help me to be one of your lights, to be your shining star, leading others to find you. And Lord, oh please, may others see You in me. Amen. 


photo - artist James Tissot, public domain

3 comments :

Jean Wise said...

I am late on commenting on this but amazing just right with God's timing. I prayed with you the prayer you wrote as that is exactly what I was thinking this morning. I so deeply desire to see Christ more in other people. I asked for the vision and the love to do so. Good thoughts, Colleen

ellengable said...

Beautiful post, Colleen!

Colleen said...

Jean, thank you! I desire the same. But I often forget to look for Christ in others. Or I lack the love perhaps.

Ellen, thank you!