Sunday, January 25, 2015

"I Will Make You Fishers of Men"

Jesus said to them,'‘Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men.” – Mark 1:17
At the end of the day, all that really matters, is meeting Christ.
I have heard this message and I have experienced this truth over and over. We can go to church and we can do good works and we can be forgiving - all very good things. But they really do not mean much, if we have not experienced the love of Christ, if we have not personally encountered Jesus.
And if we do not know Jesus, then we cannot bring His love to others. We cannot be fishers of men.
Come after me, said Jesus.
And the disciples dropped everything. They had encountered the Christ and they dropped everything and left everyone behind to follow him.
Have we done that? Have we decided that Jesus is number one in our lives? Are we willing to drop everything?
When all is said and done, meeting Jesus is all that really matters.
Come after me.

Dear Lord, thank you for loving me. Thank you for your patience through all the times I do not put you first. Forgive me for all the times that I just go through the motions. Help me to love more. Help me to know your love more. Amen.

6 comments :

Michael said...

How true! God Bless you!

Colleen said...

Michael, thank you. God bless!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a wonderful post and re-assuring message. Thank you.

God bless.

Nancy Shuman said...

Wonderful.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you! I love this gospel reading. It speaks to my heart!

Colleen said...

Nancy, thank you! So glad to see here!