Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Begin to Love My God

"Consider all the past as nothing, and say like David: 
now I begin to love my God." -  St. Francis de Sales
St. Francis de Sales has a way of expressing things that seem simple at first glance but as one reflects more, it takes on a deeper meaning.
“Now I begin to love my God.”
Every moment of our lives, every step of our journey, we choose to love or not. We choose to follow God or not.
When we don’t choose God, when we sin, we need to repent and begin again.
Every day we let go of the past. We let go and decide to renew our love, our promise, our desire to love God.
Every day, every moment, is a new beginning.
Now I begin to love my God.

4 comments :

Nancy Shuman said...

Simply: amen.

Colleen said...

Thank you, Nancy.

Moonshadow said...

I agree with that, except I can't find where David said it.

I'm reminded of St. Paul to the Philippians: But one thing I do: forgetting the things that are behind, and stretching forth myself to those that are before, I press towards the mark.

Colleen said...

Moonshadow,I can't find it either. Probably translated very simply. Still, I am going to keep looking!
I've always loved that verse from Philippians.