Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Deo Gratias - Feb 25



"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. I am so grateful that my retreat last weekend went very well. I got a lot of positive feedback. I know the Holy Spirit was with me as I wrote it and then presented it. Deo gratias!

2. I am so grateful that I had a long weekend. I took an extra day off to finish working on the retreat and Sunday was truly a day of rest. Deo gratias!

3. My mother has finally retired at the age of 80! I am so relieved that she can rest now and enjoy her life and do what she wants to do. She is still so busy with church. She is a deaconness and organist at her church (protestant) and does a lot for people there. But it is ministry that she enjoys and she lives to serve. Deo gratias!

4. My youngest son - my baby - turned 27 years old yesterday. He also is very busy with his job and studying and working on his house (a fixer-upper). I am both proud of him and happy for him that his life is so full. Deo gratias!

5. My oldest son and his wife sent us a surprise. A beautiful pillow with our last name on it and some beautiful sayings. My daughter-in-law made it. This surprise gift says loud and clear -  We Love You! Deo gratias!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

2 comments :

Maria said...

So many blessings for you & your family! I had no doubt your retreat would go well. You have a wonderfully, inspired gift of words!

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you so much!! Thanks for joining me every week.