Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Deo Gratias - March 11



"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. I am thankful for our new shower head filter which is filtering our hard water. My skin and my hair know the difference already. Deo gratias!

2. I am thankful for the season of Lent. It helps me refocus on Jesus and my prayer life. Deo gratias!

3. I am thankful for the ministry of spiritual direction. It is an amazing gift. Deo gratias!

4. I am thankful for the new program I am using for scheduling extraordinary ministers of holy communion and lectors. It is really awesome! It has taken me a little while to figure it out and I still have more to learn. But it is amazing and makes my job a little easier. Deo gratias!

5. I am thankful for the pretty "candles" I have that run by battery! They flicker and look like real candles. There is no scent, however, so they won't completely take the place of my real candles (vanilla scented). They just look pretty and add to the flickering light in my living room. Deo gratias!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

2 comments :

Maria said...

Good Evening! (Better late than never!)

Isn't it amazing how much of a difference hard & soft water can make? Glad it's doing well for you!

I wonder if they have any of those battery operated candles that are scented! That would be awesome!

Colleen said...

Maria, I never knew there was such a difference in water!!
Great thought about the candles! Hmmm. Will have to check on that!