"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart
Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.
1. Hubby and I went to see Jersey Boys - a live production - and it was awesome. We had such a good time and enjoyed the show so much. Deo gratias!
2. I had a 4 day weekend and I got a lot of rest, which I desperately needed. Deo gratias!
3. Monday I felt like I was coming down with the flu, but within 24 hours I was feeling much better. The extra rest over the weekend must have helped, but I am amazed at how quickly the symptoms went away. Deo gratias!
4. I was feeling sad and missing my sister who passed away last October. Her birthday was this week. My son called me out of the blue to see how I was doing. He just lifted my spirits so much. Deo gratias!
5. I really did not plan out my Lent like I usually do. I think between the stress at work and the sadness of missing my sister, I felt like I was doing enough penance. But, I did go back to centering prayer for the first time in a long time and I am happy about that. I really felt God calling me back to that form of prayer. And I have done lectio divina too on a more regular basis. Deo gratias!
FYI - Next week is Holy Week. Probably the only blogging I will do is this Deo Gratias post as I want to give thanks to God for all He has done for us.