Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Deo Gratias - March 4



"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

Dear Lord, I am so thankful for the many blessings in my life:

1. My husband. The love of my life. My best friend who loves me unconditionally. My life only makes sense when I am with him. Deo gratias!

2. My boys. Words cannot describe what they mean to me. I have spent their lifetimes loving them, and trying to be the mother they deserve. Deo gratias!

3. My extended family. Mom, siblings, stepchildren, grandchildren, in-laws. Large as it is, strange as it can sometimes be, a mixed bag of personalities and different choices, my family is still and always my family. Deo gratias!

4. My friends - inside and outside the blogging world - I thank God for them every day. I am often a loner. It is just my way. I am an introvert. Being alone often feels safest to me. My real friends understand me and love me anyway. Deo gratias!

5. My faith. I have always had faith. Even as a young girl. Didn't always know what to do with it. Spent some time away from church, but never away from God. He hung in there with me while I floundered around for several years, trying to grow up and figure out what life and love was supposed to be about. And God loved me through it all. And gave me all these blessings listed here. Deo gratias! 


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

2 comments :

Maria said...

This could have been my list as well, (although I would have added my dear girl to the boys in #2!) Wonderful blessings!

Colleen said...

Thanks Maria. :)