Sunday, March 1, 2015

It Is Good That We Are Here

Then Peter said to Jesus in reply, "Rabbi, it is good that we are here; let us make three tents: one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah." (Mark 9:5)
I love this statement. I think of the times I have had a mountain-top experience and I wanted to hold onto it so it would last forever. It is as if I thought I would lose it. Or lose God.
But these kinds of experiences are consolations, gifts, warm-fuzzies. These experiences are not God Himself.
Peter had the company of God with him in a very unique way for three years, but he didn't know that. He didn't seem to understand that he was looking at the face of God everyday.
How many times have I looked right past the face of God because I was too interested in the "experience" of God?

Lord, it is good to be here with you. Help me to remember you are with me all the time, in both the mountains and the valleys of my life. Amen.

2 comments :

Michael said...

Wow, what an interesting thought! Thank you for sharing Colleen! God Bless you.

Colleen said...

Thank you, Michael. God bless!