Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Deo Gratias - May 20



"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to leave your link! God bless!

1. Pope Francis said recently that spiritual direction "is not a charism exclusive to priests. It's a charism of the laity." Including women. It is so awesome to hear it spelled out so clearly from our Holy Father that laity, both men and women, can be called to this ministry. Considering the fact that I have been doing spiritual direction for about 19 years, it is nice to hear what I already knew in my heart. Deo gratias!

2. My son and his family are coming down to spend a week at a beach near us. We will see them this weekend! Deo gratias!

3. Went to Eucharistic Adoration. I love praying in the presence of our Lord. Deo gratias!

4. I am working on a retreat that I am doing in about 10 days. As usual, I work on it right up to the last minute. Always stressful and yet fun too. I learn as I go. Deo gratias!

5. As I write this, I smell my vanilla scented candle. My favorite, hands down. Deo gratias!



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

2 comments :

Maria said...

How wonderful to have Pope Francis affirming such a great ministry!

I bet you're looking forward to that visit w/ your family. Hope they have some great weather for enjoying the beach & family time! And good luck w/ your retreat. I know you'll do awesome!

Colleen said...

Maria,
Yes, I am anxious to see my family. Thank you!