"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart
Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to leave your link! God bless!
1. Pope Francis said recently that spiritual direction "is not a charism exclusive to priests. It's a charism of the laity." Including women. It is so awesome to hear it spelled out so clearly from our Holy Father that laity, both men and women, can be called to this ministry. Considering the fact that I have been doing spiritual direction for about 19 years, it is nice to hear what I already knew in my heart. Deo gratias!
2. My son and his family are coming down to spend a week at a beach near us. We will see them this weekend! Deo gratias!
3. Went to Eucharistic Adoration. I love praying in the presence of our Lord. Deo gratias!
4. I am working on a retreat that I am doing in about 10 days. As usual, I work on it right up to the last minute. Always stressful and yet fun too. I learn as I go. Deo gratias!
5. As I write this, I smell my vanilla scented candle. My favorite, hands down. Deo gratias!