Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Trinity

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.”  - Matthew 28:19-20

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Trinity. A Mystery.
I used to try to figure out the Trinity. I don't any more. It seemed like the more I tried to understand the Trinity, the less I understood and the less I knew God.
Sometimes, in order to better understand Him, we end up making our God too small. We end up putting Him in a box, putting limits on our limitless God.
The more we try to grasp God, the less we know Him.

"God is a pure nothing,
concealed in now and here;
the less you reach for him,
the more he will appear. - Angelus Silesius (1624-77), The Enlightened Heart


These days I do not worry about understanding the Mystery of the Trinity. 
It is enough for me to know that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit loves me and promises to be with us always.

Dear God, thank you for your promise to be with me always. I do not always understand you, but I love you and I know you love me. That is enough for me. Help others to know your love. Amen.

No comments :