Sunday, June 7, 2015

Corpus Christi

While they were eating, he took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them, and said, “Take it; this is my body.” Mark 14:22

I remember when my husband was in the hospital last year. All I could offer him, all I could do for him, was to sit with him in the dark.
A friend wrote to me that sometimes the best thing we can do for others is to give them our presence. I know that is true. I have experienced that from others a countless number of times.
I have also experienced that from the Real Presence of Jesus. No matter what I am going through, no matter how dark my world has sometimes seemed to be, light has come to my heart when I have visited the Blessed Sacrament.
This is Jesus' gift to us. His Presence.

"We must visit Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament a hundred thousand times a day." - St. France De Sales
Really? 100,000 times a day?
Did he really mean that? Impossible, of course. But I have some thoughts about what he really meant.
We must keep Jesus uppermost in our minds and in our hearts.
We must believe in the Real Presence of Jesus and act accordingly when in the presence of the Eucharist.
We must thank Jesus daily for the gift of Himself.
We must adore Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament as often as possible, not just on the Feast Day of Corpus Christi.
It is called adoration for a reason. If we do not adore Jesus from the bottom of our hearts, then we need to ask God for the gift.
The desire to adore Jesus.
Always.

Jesus, thank you for the gift of your Real Presence. Help us to never take you for granted. Help us to bring your presence to others. Help us to visit you 100,000 times a day. Amen.

2 comments :

Michael said...

Amen! May we all feel this kind of love for our Lord!

Colleen said...

Amen to that, too, Michael!!