Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Deo Gratias - Wedding Anniverary



"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to leave your link! God bless!

1. Marriage. Hubby and I celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary this week. 36 years! I thank God everyday for the gift of my husband. Deo gratias!

2. Laughter. I love to laugh. Laughter is good for what ails us. And no one makes me laugh like my husband does. Deo gratias!

3. Food. My husband is the best chef I know. Deo gratias!

4. Children. My husband has blessed me with 4 stepchildren and we had 2 children of our own. We live in an empty nest now but for years our home was filled with the laughter and joy and activities of children growing up. Now we are watching our grandchildren grow up. Deo gratias!

5. God. Faith. The Catholic Church. My husband was a Catholic and I think I was on a journey to conversion from the day we met. We had been married 10 years when I decided to convert to Catholicism. What a joy! And what a difference it has made in my life. And the lives of my children. Deo gratias!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

2 comments :

Maria said...

Congratulations on 36 years of marriage! I agree w/ the laughter...we've had many moments lately when the laughter has been just wonderful.

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you! Laughter heals doesnt it? And helps us to not take ourselves too seriously.