Sunday, July 5, 2015

God is in Our Midst

He was amazed at their lack of faith.  - Mark 6:6
Jesus was in his native place. His neighbors and friends saw him as the hometown boy. They didn’t see the Messiah. They just saw the carpenter's son.
Jesus was present to his people. He was their Savior, but they did not know that.
They did not know that they had missed seeing their God.
For years I was not aware that God was always present in my life. I can remember how astounded I felt when suddenly, God's grace helped me to see that He had indeed been with me. Even in the bad times. Even in those times when I hardly acknowledged his existence.
God is not just with us when it is obvious, like at Mass or on a mountaintop. God is also with us when we are alone, or scared or sitting in the pit.
It takes eyes of faith to see God.
The people in Jesus' native land did not recognize him as any kind of prophet or messiah. He didn’t fit their idea or image of who the messiah should be.
They did not know that God was in their midst.

Dear Lord, thank you for always being with me. Help me to always see you with eyes of faith. Help me to trust in your everlasting presence. Do not let me mke my image of you so small, that I miss seeing you. Amen.

No comments :