"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart
Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to leave your link! God bless!
1. We are all moved in. As I mentally checked off the items on our things to do list, I could feel the stress leaving my body. It is a relief, like taking a shower after moving heavy boxes in 99 degree heat! Very refreshing to feel the stress go. Deo gratias!
2. Our son drove 2 hours to help us move. And then proceeded to move almost our entire place before having to leave in the late afternoon to get home (we had very little furniture to move). We only had about 3 or 4 more carloads to do the next day. And we were able to cancel the movers we had hired. Deo gratias!
3. I was so blessed to be able to take time off to move and then to unpack and get settled. Deo gratias!
4. Our parish celebrated its 25th anniversary last weekend. We were in the middle of moving, and we were afraid we would be too tired and stressed to enjoy it. But, as founding members of the parish, we knew we needed to attend the dinner dance and then the Mass the next day with our Bishop. And enjoy it we did! What a special time it was. The Mass was really the highlight for me. I kept thinking back to our very first Mass that was held in a school cafeteria! And now, here we are in our own church, and my husband, a deacon for 10 years, on the altar serving the bishop. Deo gratias!
5. My co-workers and I looked out the window of our parish office and we saw a sight I have never seen before and may never see again! 2 eagles, walking around our parking lot, eating whatever they caught for lunch! What a sight! Deo gratias!