Sunday, September 20, 2015

Receive Children in God's Name

"Whoever receives one child such as this in my name, receives me: and whoever receives me, receives not me but the One who sent me." (Mark 9:37)
Children are among the most vulnerable in our society. They are totally dependent on the adults in their lives. They are truly among the least of us.
Children are so trusting. Children are so open to loving all people. But how we treat them and protect them decides who they become in this world.
How we as individuals treat children, and how society treats children, says a lot about us as a people, as human beings.
As Christians.
So, how do we treat children? How do we receive a child as Jesus?
Do we receive a child with care and respect and love?
Do we receive a child with reverence?
Do we put the child first?
Do we serve that child as if he/she were Christ?
And what about the child in the womb? Do we receive that child with respect and love? Do we get down on our knees in humble awe of this child of God?
Or do we throw it away?
So many questions. And no real answers. Except maybe this one: We may not take care of the littlest ones, but God does.
He brings them home to his heart and loves them for all eternity.

Dear Lord, help me to remember to see you in all people I meet, including the humble and the small. Help me to become more like a child, to be open and to love unconditionally. Help me to welcome all in your name. I want to love like you love. Show me the way, Lord. Show me the way. Amen.

2 comments :

Michael said...

Beautiful post! Amen!

God Bless you, Colleen!

Colleen said...

Thanks Michael.

God bless.