Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Deo Gratias - Oct 14



"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to leave your link! God bless!

1. I am grateful for the 4 day weekend I had last weekend! Boy, did I need it, after the move and unpacking and everything that goes with it. I just rested and read and slept late. Deo gratias!

2. My sister passed away a year ago. There have been many Mass intentions for her. I must say, that is really a gift. It has been comforting to go to Mass and hear her prayed for by everyone there. Deo gratias!

3. I called my mother and we talked about my sister and our lives these days and we laughed a lot. My sister would like that. Deo gratias!

4. The elevator at our condo was not working yesterday but was fixed today in time for us to use it when we came home. I was very grateful because walking up and down three floors does a number on my arthritic joints! Deo gratias!

5. Right now, as I write this, I have a vanilla scented candle burning and it smells so good! Deo gratias!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

2 comments :

Maria said...

I can't believe it's already been a year since you lost your sister! How wonderful to have that conversation w/ your mom, esp. sharing memories of your sister. God Bless!

Colleen said...

Maria,

I cannot believe it either. The year just flew by. Yes, that conversation with my mother was wonderful. I have had moments of sadness about my sister but I know she is free from pain now and that is a real blessing for her. She is truly at peace.
Thanks for joining me!