Sunday, October 25, 2015

Eyes of Faith

Jesus told him, “Go your way; your faith has saved you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed him on the way - Mark 10:52
Bartimaeus does not give up. He keeps calling to Jesus for help. Others rebuke him, but he keeps at it. He trusts. He has faith. He has hope.
Bartimaeus does not care what others say or think. He just knows what he needs and what he wants. He knows that Jesus will come. He may be blind, but he can still see. He sees with eyes of faith.
And then Jesus is there. And Jesus asks Bartimaeus what he wants. Master, I want to see.
So Jesus tells him - Go your way; your faith has saved you.
But Bartimaeus does not go his own way. Instead, he follows Jesus.
Bartimaeus knows there are different types of blindness. And he knows that Jesus is more than just a physical healer. He is more than a miracle worker. Bartimaeus follows Jesus because he knows Jesus is the Way.
Jesus is the Light in our darkness.
Jesus asks all of us - what do you want?
Master, I want to see.

Dear Lord, I want to see. I want to see you everywhere I go and in everyone I meet. I want to see the right path to follow. I want to see Your Light in my darkness. Lord, help me to see. Amen.

No comments :