Sunday, November 22, 2015

Do We Belong to the Truth?

"Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice."- John 18:37
I wonder, with some of the issues in our country today - abortion, health care, freedom of religion - who is listening to Jesus' voice? Who knows that He is king? Who knows that Jesus is the Answer?
Everyone who belongs to the truth listens. But don't we all think we belong to the truth? Don't we all think we have the answers?
Maybe we are listening to our own voice, our own thoughts, our own ego. Other voices can drown out Jesus' voice if we let them. How can we tell the difference?
We need to spend time listening. We need to spend time in prayer so we can recognize the Lord's voice. We need to study the Word of God and listen so we know our Lord's voice when we hear it.
Otherwise, how do we know we belong to the truth?

Lord, I pray with all my heart, that it is Your voice I hear. Your voice that I listen to. I pray that no other voices drown out Your voice. For I want to belong to the truth, I want to belong to You. Help me Lord to listen and to know You when I hear You. Amen.

4 comments :

Michael said...

I've certainly asked these questions before. How do I know if that "voice" I hear is mine or Jesus'? Thank you for this post, and God Bless you!

Colleen said...

Michael, thank you!! God bless!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you!!