Sunday, November 15, 2015

His Words Will Not Pass Away

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. - Mark 13:31

At first glance, this Sunday's gospel reading seems a bit scary.
The end times.
But Jesus seems to say here that we need not be afraid. We need not fear. Instead, we need to pay attention. We need to watch the signs of the times. We need to live each moment like it is our last.
And hold onto Jesus. Always.
The world can seem to fall down around us, but we are not alone. Some things will change but one thing never changes.
Jesus.
He is always with us and his words will not pass away.
Live each moment.
Pay attention.
Watch.
And keep our eyes on the Lord.

Dear Lord, sometimes it does seem like the world is passing away and I get scared.  But then I remember, you are always with us. And all will be well. Please give me courage, Lord. Help me to live each moment to the fullest and to always keep my eyes on you. Amen.

2 comments :

Michael said...

I have to admit, the fact that Jesus said "Heaven will pass away" always scared me. Isn't Heaven forever? What would be left if it passed away? I know these are things we cannot yet understand, but the unknown is always scary! Thanks for sharing this post - God Bless you!

Colleen said...

I agree with you about the unknown being so scary. I take this phrase as meaning that we can count on the fact that Jesus is forever, no matter what.
God bless!