Monday, February 22, 2010

Music Monday - Wonderful Merciful Savior

This Music Monday meme is hosted by Shawntele at Saved By Grace. Join in by clicking on the link here or the Music Monday image in my sidebar. Share your favorite songs and learn some new ones! It is fun and inspiring! And another way to pray!
I love this song and it is so fitting for Lent. I read somewhere that another name for Jesus is mercy.I heard it sung by Women of Faith group but when looking for a decent video, I came upon this one with Selah singing it. I am not familiar with Selah but I will pay more attention after hearing this beautiful rendition.




Verse:
Wonderful, Merciful Savior
Precious Redeemer and Friend
Who would have thought that a Lamb could rescue the souls of men
ooh, you resecue the souls of men.

Counselor, Comforter, Keeper
Spirit we long to embrace
You offer hope when our hearts have hopelessly lost our way
ooh, we've hopelessly lost the way

Chorus:
You are the One that we praise......
You are the One we adore.....
You give the healing embrace.....
Our hearts hunger for
ooh, Our hearts always hunger for....

Almight, Infinite Father,
Faithfully loving your own
Here in our weakness you find us
Falling before your Throne
ooh, we're falling before your Throne

Chorus:
You are the One that we praise
You are the One We adore
You give the healing embrace
Our hearts always hunger for
ooh our hearts always hunger for.....(2x)

11 comments :

Jean Wise said...

Selah is one of my favorite groups and this selection warmed my heart today in snowy NW Ohio. thank you!

homeschool101 said...

Like selah to. Lol. Great song for today. I sense he is wanting to remind us many things today. How great is our God. Just love him sooo!

Donnetta said...

If I had to choose a favorite group, Selah would be one that instantly comes to mind! Thanks for sharing this song of theirs!

Tracy said...

Selah is also one of my favorites!! What a perfect song for today:-)

Colleen said...

Jean, Glad you enjoyed the song!! Stay warm!

homeschool 101 - yes, God is good. All the time!!

Donnetta, glad you liked it. I am going to listen to more of their songs from now on!

Tracy, the Holy Spirit sure helped me out with this one. Glad you liked it!

Michelle said...

I have never heard of Selah, but this is really great. Like you, I'll have to check them out some more. Thanks Colleen.

Karinann said...

Colleen,
Add my name to the list of Selah fans. Their voices are so powerful. You will enjoy their other music as well.
Thanks for sharing this one and for stopping by my blog- glad you liked the Becca Jackson selection.

Colleen said...

Karinann, oh, I loved your song!! And yes, I think I am a fan of Selah now. God bless!

Colleen said...

Michelle, you are welcome! I am glad I found this song too - with the Lord's help! :)

Shawntele said...

What a beautiful song Colleen, thank you for sharing it today. The children and I are studying the many names of God and this will be a fitting song for us all to listen to tomorrow. :O)

Colleen said...

Shawntelle, oh that is great!! Glad my song choice helps you out! Thanks for hosting this fun meme!