Thursday, February 25, 2010

Odds and Ends

Please pray for my son and daughter-in-law and grandson-to-be (Landon). She is in the hospital for 24 hours of observation. She is in her 21st week.
My youngest son celebrated his 24th birthday yesterday! He should have been on my list of thanks yesterday! Where was my head? Evidently my mind was a bit muddled!
I have been enjoying writing my Lenten Journal. I didn't know how it would turn out. I write my 3 blogs as it is. So why write more? But I am really excited about being focused on my journey through Lent. I try to be as open as I can as I share a few thoughts.
I seem to be "drawn" big time to the phrase - Draw me. You can read more about it here in my journal. It is exciting to know that God is speaking to me or drawing me closer. Truly a gift. I do not know where I am headed. But that is just fine with me.
How is your Lent going so far?

7 comments :

Karinann said...

Colleen,
I will certainly keep your daughter in law and grandson in my prayers. Happy Birthday to your other son.
I too am enjoying your Lenten journal. Your comment about not knowing where you are headed reminded me of Thomas Merton's prayer of Trust.
Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts here and on your other blogs.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I am praying for you and your family.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Karinann, my daughter in law is doing well. she is home now and they are going to treat her for slightly high BP. They were concerned about pre eclampsia but tests came out normal. Praise God! Thanks for your prayers! And continued support. I love Merton's prayer of trust! My favorite.

Victor, thank you so much! See my comment to Karinann! Prayers work. God bless!

Jamey said...

I will be praying for your daughter in law...I love that name Landon.

Colleen said...

Thank you Jamey!

Esther G. said...

Colleen, I am just seeing this prayer request. Please be assured of my prayers.

Colleen said...

Esther, thank you so much! I appreciate that. God bless!