Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sabbath Moment - Simple Moments

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, share about it in a comment! Hope you will join us!
I have been hoping to keep things simple this Lent. And so I did this week.
1. Had a busy weekend last weekend. I knew I needed to be sure to get some rest before another work week started. On Sunday, hubby was going to Rite of Election at the Cathedral with the RCIA class he helps to teach. I felt torn about going. But I knew I needed the rest AND that quiet time with the Lord. A Sabbath moment, on the Sabbath. So I stayed home. Ahhhh. It was the right decision.
2. Yesterday morning. I was home alone. Cold day so I stayed snuggled in my chair with a hot cup of coffee and read my morning devotions. A simple quiet moment with the Lord.

6 comments :

Karinann said...

Colleen,
Sometimes God knows when we need to rest better than we do. Good for you for listening. The chair, the coffee and the devotions- my idea of a perfect morning with Jesus (well outside the Eucharist of course :)
Thanks for you comments earlier.
Just a PS for prayer- I am giving my witness to a group of adults tomorrow evening, so if you would offer a quick prayer I'd be grateful.
Thanks.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I love the quiet moments you share with God. SUCH PEACE...amazing that we can get SO MUCH out of the times that we STOP!
Thanks for this meme Colleen. It draws me nearer to Him as I become more aware of the moments He shares with me.

Mary333 said...

Your Sabbath Moments sound just like something the Divine Physician ordered :) May you have many more!

Colleen said...

Karinann, I agree about that being a perfect morning with Jesus! I have been praying all day for you and your witness and will continue! God bless!

Judy, Yes, I agree, I wonder why we don't stop more often!! This meme helps me, too, to be more aware of my time with Jesus. Just like your Thankfulness meme helps me to be more aware of my blessings! God bless!

Mary, amen! Thank you and God bless!

Debra said...

This post has prompted me to realize that I have not had enough quiet Sabbath moments this week. Thankful for the reminder. Have a wonderful Lord's day Colleen.

Colleen said...

Debra, I am glad my post reminded you! Sometimes it is so hard to carve out those moments and yet, I seem to find time to watch tv in the evening. Thanks for stopping by and God bless!