Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - Lenten Gratitude

One of my special blogging buddies, Judy, at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this inspiring meme! Being mindful of all our blessings can help us keep an attitude of gratitude. Be sure to click on the link above or the graphic on my sidebar to visit Judy's beautiful blog and read about others' blessings. Be sure to check out Judy's other blogs as well! She is so gifted and has much to share. Judy, thank you for all your support and for hosting this meme every week!
Among my many blessings:
1. Me. I am thanking God for me. In my Lenten Journal, I wrote about a quote I found from Abraham Heschel - "Just to be is a blessing." I do not usually think of thanking God for me, for my life. Life is a gift, a blessing. Thank you, Lord.
2. Faith. I suppose I have always had faith. I remember loving Jesus when I was a little girl. I was away from church for a time but then I converted to the Catholic Church. I am grateful for the conversion. My life has not been the same since.
3. Mass. Speaking of the Catholic Church. What a gift Mass has become to me. Going to daily Mass during Lent has been such a joyful blessing! I hope to be able to work something out with work, etc after Lent is over, so I can continue to go.
4. Hubby. I think we all need someone who knows us inside and out and loves us no matter what. Someone with whom we can truly be ourselves. And someone who makes us laugh! My hubby is all of these things to me. Thank you, Jesus.
5. Prayer. Prayer too is a gift. We often think of it as something we have to do. But it is first of all, a gift of God. God wants to communicate with us and so He calls us to pray. God always initiates. Thank you, Lord, for the gift of prayer!

8 comments :

munchesmom said...

What an INCREDIBLE list, Colleen! I LOVE #1. I, too, have never thought of thanking God for "me." God Bless you in this wonderful season of Lent!

Ruth said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful list Colleen. How I always forget to thank God for myself being me. Thank you for this beautiful reminder.

Enjoy His many blessings!

Karinann said...

Colleen,
It is so great that you remember to put thanks for you at the top of that list. Glad you have been able to make Mass during this Lenten season. I am blessed that my schedule allows for it throughout the year. It truly has become my life line.
Thanks for sharing your blessings.
Hugs!

April_optimist said...

Gratitude is hugely powerful. I had a rough week last week emotionally and was talking with a friend when I suddenly realized that almost everything I was telling her was good news! I had to laugh at myself and realize that I needed to get back to doing gratitude exercises every day so I'd remember just how good my life is NOW.

Tracy said...

I love all the wonderful things you are thankful for Colleen!!

Colleen said...

munchesmom, thank you for your kind comments and visit! God bless!

Ruth, Glad I am not the only one who forgets to thank God for me! Thanks for your visit and God bless!

Karinann, I can understand what you mean about Mass being a lifeline. I really have a better day when I go. God bless you, my friend!

April, this meme helps me to remember to see all the things I need to be thankful for. It is easy to forget or become blind to what is good in our lives. I am so glad you stopped by!

Tracy, thank you! I am also grateful that you are a blogging buddy of mine!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

This list is so full of LOVE and JOY!
Thank you for sharing it with us Colleen! I appreciate this reminder to see MYSELF as a gift from God too!

Colleen said...

Judy, thank you! I am feeling joyful today! And maybe we can all remind each other to see ourselves as gifts from God! God bless!