Friday, February 26, 2010

Touch of Our Savior's Hand - Feb 26

My special blogging buddy, Karinann, hosts Touch of Our Savior's Hand every Friday. This is such a beautiful meme because it helps us to be more mindful of God's presence in our lives all week long. If you wish to participate or check out other posts, visit Karinann at her beautiful blog - Blessings For the Day. Be sure to check out her other blogs too! Thank you, Karinann, for hosting this meme, for sharing your faith so beautifully and for being my friend!
1. I saw Jesus in the love of my son for his wife and unborn son. He called me, worried about his pregnant wife who went into the hospital for 24 hours for tests. She and baby are fine. Thank you all for your prayers! We are all relieved and they are glad to be home (yes, he stayed in the hospital with her). I did suggest to my son, however, that he talk to his son and tell him to cut it out! He is already giving his parents gray hair!
2. I saw Jesus in Fr. Murray Bodo, a Franciscan priest and writer who led a retreat that I went to last Saturday. He was so humble and  loving and witty! And his talks gave me much food for thought. He spoke on St. Francis and prayer. He talked of the need for silence and solitude and time with Jesus. I felt so blessed to be there.
Your turn! Where did you see Jesus this week?

11 comments :

Karinann said...

Colleen,
Glad to hear your daughter in law and grandson are doing well. I like the idea of Dad having a father/son chat.
To answer your question on my tea post yesterday- since the learning center is a year round business- there is nothing to make up so it is a freebie. It is still snowing today!
Anyway- thanks for your participation each week and for your support of my blogs.
Hugs, Blessings and Icicles :)

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I'm so relieved that mother and baby (AND DADDY) are all home,safe and sound. Yes...it is so easy to feel the Touch of His Hand in a loving father and husband isn't it? You must be so proud of your son Colleen.
And I'm glad that you met God on your St.Francis retreat.
Funny you should mention that...I have felt a great beckoning into more stillness and silence lately...

Colleen said...

Karinann, thanks. I can picture that father/son chat too. That is so cool that you get a free day off! A gift. Still snowing? Amazing.
Thanks for your email. God bless!

Judy, yes, I am proud of my son. What a fine young man he is.
Ahh, are you feeling that call into silence? This must have been confirmation for you! Hope you can get some time in silence. God bless!

Tracy said...

Colleen, this is a beautiful post!!

Colleen said...

Tracy, thank you. Blessings.

Mary333 said...

I'm glad everything is well with your grandson and daughter-in-law. They are in my prayers. So are you:) Your father and son chat brought a smile to my face - Randy and I used to do that with Michaela all the time. When she was first born and and heard his voice [Hi, Michaela] she turned her head toward him. She recognized his voice:)

Colleen said...

Mary, thanks for your prayers. I love that story of your daughter recognizing your husband's voice. God bless!

Mary333 said...

By the way, you know that comment I made about joining you in giving up complaining for Lent? Well...it's not going very well;) I winked, but it's true.

Colleen said...

Mary, it isn't going so well for me either!! But I notice it earlier!! Is that good?

Jamey said...

That is great news about your daughter in law...I pray the rest of her pregnancy goes well. :)

Colleen said...

Jamey, thank you. I appreciate that. God bless.