Sunday, March 7, 2010

Holy Ground

Holy Ground. The place where we find God. The place where we meet God.
Sometimes I know I am standing on Holy Ground. I experience the "burning bush," the presence of the Holy Spirit. Spiritual direction, for example. God is present in our midst whenever two or more are gathered in His name.
Sometimes I do not sense God's presence, but I trust in it. Someone said that we turn away from God, He never turns away from us.
Does that mean Holy Ground is everywhere?
Lord, thank you for loving me. Thank you for helping me to experience that love, often when I least expect it. 

9 comments :

Just Be Real/God Whispers In The Wind said...

Since I am not able to post on your other blog, I want to make mention of appreciated the phrase also, "This Day Will Not Come Again." I so get you Colleen. Thank you.

Enjoyed your post on Holy Ground where we can meet up with God.

Blessings to you dear one.

Tracy said...

Great post, the idea that holy ground could be everywhere is a great thought, I like that a lot!!

Colleen said...

JBR, Glad you liked that phrase! A simple phrase, and yes, it says so much. Thanks.

Tracy, glad my words gave you some food for thought! Thanks and God bless!

Anne said...

I hope to always be turning to face God. I do know that He lives and dwells within me, so I hope that where ever I go, I take God's Holy Ground with me! Much to think about here Colleen!

Colleen said...

Anne, I love that - taking God's Holy Ground wherever you go! Thanks and God bless!

Lynn said...

Hi Colleen,
I am often suddenly surprised to find that I have that sense of being on Holy Ground when I am with my children. It seems to happen most to me when I am with them. Sometimes I feel it strongly also, when I am engaging respectfully with their dad, whom I am estranged from. The night sky often makes me feel this too. :o)
Lynn

Colleen said...

Lynn, thank you so much and I so agree with feeling that way with my children. And the night sky! I love that! God bless!

Mary333 said...

Colleen,
Yes, I think you are right, Holy Ground is everywhere if we would look with the eyes of our soul. It's a profound thought. There are times that I don't sense God's presence either but we know He is with us. Thanks for the great post :)

Colleen said...

Mary, thank you. God bless!