Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sabbath Moment - Solitude

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, share about it in a comment! Hope you will join us!
I had a few hours to myself the other evening. I spent the first 30 or 40 minutes just sitting in my favorite chair, thinking about Jesus and Lent and daydreaming and staring out the window, watching the world go by.
I then read my devotional and listened to Christian music, focused on God and not the time.
When I went back to my to-do list, I was at peace. By the world's standards, I had not accomplished a thing, I had just "wasted" time. But it was not a waste of time at all. It was a time of rest, a Sabbath moment. Thank you, Jesus.

5 comments :

Karinann said...

Colleen,
That is the best "waste" of time I can think of. Too bad the world doesn't want to know about it!

Mary333 said...

Your Sabbath Moment is my favorite kind! Oh, I wish I could have more of these :) Sitting and thinking about Jesus, daydreaming, reading, and listening to Christian music - sounds delightful to me!

Colleen said...

Karinann, I agree!!!
Thanks for participating every week in this meme!

Mary, I wish I could have more too! I think I will have another one this morning! Here's hoping you have a moment like that soon!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

TIME WELL-WASTED INDEED! LOL
Thank you for sharing those beautiful moments with us Colleen!

Colleen said...

Judy, thank you for participating every week! Nice to "waste' time with friends! :)