Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - Family & Friends

One of my blogging buddies, Judy, at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this inspiring meme that reminds us of all the blessings we have! Being mindful of all our blessings can help us keep an attitude of gratitude. Be sure to click on the link above or the graphic on my sidebar to visit Judy's beautiful blog and read about others' blessings. Be sure to check out Judy's other blogs as well! Judy, thank you for all your support and for hosting this meme every week!
Here are some of my blessings this week:
1. My son, daughter in law and grandchild-to-be - Last week we got a little nervous as my daughter in law went to the hospital for observation but she is fine and so is our grandson, Landan. We went to visit them for the weekend and were given a surprise - an opportunity to watch a 3D ultrasound of Landan. I just sat there, staring at the screen, my mouth hanging open in total awe. You can see a couple pictures here.
2. Lent - I love this season and the deeper focus I have on Jesus and my prayer life and repentance, etc. I cannot help but wonder why this seems more intense during Lent than at other times. I pray that it carries over to Ordinary Time!
3. My hubby - who cannot stand the unusual cold weather in Florida, and makes me laugh as he insists we need to move closer to the equator!
4. All my friends and family - who have taught me in many different ways what real love is about.
5. My job - what a blessing it is to work as a parish secretary at a Catholic Church and I am grateful every day.
Your turn! What are some of your blessings today?!?!

7 comments :

munchesmom said...

Great list! I echo your thoughts on #2, especially this year. I seem to be much more focused. In years past, I've spent much of Lent in reflection & prayer, only to let it go once Easter arrived. This year WILL be different! Peace & blessings!

Mary said...

It is nice to hear that you enjoy your job as a parish secretary. So many people complain about church jobs and the pettiness that goes on there, as if the people you would expect to be the most Christian, actually behave in the least Christian manner.

Colleen said...

munchesmom - Glad I am nto alone. I pray that this year is different for both of us! God bless!

Mary, I just feel so blessed to be in a place where we talk about God all day long. Where serving and loving God is our reason for being here. Thanks, Mary and God bless.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

That number "3" cracked me up!
Thanks for this beautiful list Colleen...AND for sharing those awesome sonogram photos!!!!!

Colleen said...

Judy, Yes, I crack up every time he says that! I hope he is kidding!!
Yes, those photos. No words.
Thanks for hosting this meme!!

Tracy said...

Colleen, you have reminded me to think of all the things that I have to be thankful for as well, and that is always a good thing:-)

Colleen said...

Tracy, I need reminders too and this meme really helps! Thanks for the visit! God bless.