Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - Lenten Blessings

One of my blogging friends, Judy, at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this inspiring meme that reminds us of all the blessings we have! Being mindful of all our blessings can help us keep an attitude of gratitude. Be sure to click on the link above or the graphic on my sidebar to visit Judy's beautiful blog and read about others' blessings. Be sure to check out Judy's other blogs as well! Judy, thank you for hosting this meme every week!
Here are my blessings for this week:
1. My blogging friends - for their support always and their prayers during this recent flare of my RA.
2. For my mom - for her support and unconditional love
3. For the Lenten season - in fact, for all the seasons of the church year and the various ways we are led to pray and grow closer to God.
4. For my hubby - for his gentleness and compassion and for being my best friend
5. For Jesus - who loves me no matter what
Your turn! What are some of your blessings?

9 comments :

Karinann said...

Colleen,
Great list! I especially like #5. Thanks for stopping by my blogs. The St Joseph book is more like a devotional so it is easy to read while reading other books :)
Have a great day!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Colleen...God has our spirits joined so closely! Karinann and I both thanked Him for FREEDOM...and now I read your beautiful list and would YOU believe that my entire prayer yesterday on my Quiet Reflections page was about thanking God for SEASONS...those in nature, life, and the Church!!!!!
Thanks for sharing this journey with me!

Mary333 said...

Colleen,
These are great blessings!
Are you feeling any better or is it still just as bad? I know it has to be hard to work with this illness because I've seen what my cousin and friend have to go through. I told my mom about the Remicade so she could tell Karen about it. I hope you feel better soon!

munchesmom said...

Wonderful list! You have much to be thankful for. I love #3.

Colleen said...

Karinann, thank you. I will have to get that book.

Judy, you are right! A God-incidence! I love that! Thanks for sharing!

Mary, I am a bit better. Thanks for your concern. Hope Karen feels better too and finds the right medication.

munchesmom, thank you. Yes, #3 came to me out of the blue and I realized how much these seasons help us grow.

God bless all!

pip said...

Hi Colleen...

I am thankful that my girlfriend has said YES and is now my fiancee. We are to be married with the help of GOd, later this year. I am leaving the blog world for a while but hope to return sometime with a new blog of my own. See you then ... please pray for us!! Thanks for all your lovely comments... Pip :)

Colleen said...

Pip!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I will miss you - be sure and let me know when you are back in the blogging world! And yes, you are in my prayers! God bless!

ls said...

I got a huge uplift reading your list because your attitude is so beautiful despite your health problems. God Bless you!

Colleen said...

Is, thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed my list. This meme really helps me try to find the good in everything.