Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sabbath Moments - July 31

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, share about it in a comment!
Some of my Sabbath moments this week:
1. One day I stopped what I was doing and watched the rain. I love the rain during the summer. The slowly falling rain that nourishes the earth. It is so peaceful and it slows me down, so I can remember to offer that moment to God.
2. I went to the beach last night to watch the sunset. Do you believe there were so many people there, I could not find a parking spot and came back home? I missed the moment I wanted but I saw a beautiful sky anyway as the colors of the sunset reflected off the clouds near my home. And so I took that moment to thank God. Sometimes we go looking somewhere else for God, and find He is right with us all the time.

6 comments :

Karinann said...

Rain and sunsets- love them both. Maybe in regard to the sunset, God wanted to be alone with you instead of in the crowd :)
Hugs & Blessings!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Sunrises and sunsets a so beautiful. I am so glad you have such beautiful ones to see and that you can enjoy them with God. He paints the skies with beauty. If we think they are lovely now, just wait until we see the colors of heaven!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I love these moments Colleen; and the lesson therein; thank you:)

Mary333 said...

Whenever I read your posts it makes me see what a grump I am :) It's great that you find good in everything including a lack of parking space. I love sunsets, especially when there are some clouds and the sky turns many colors!

Jean Wise said...

I too will stop what I am doing and watch it rain, especially a thunderstorm. Special moments with God.

Colleen said...

Karinann, I love that thought! Hugs!

Barb, gosh, I love that thought too!

Judy, you are welcome and thank you! God bless!

Mary, I love those kinds of sunsets the best too. And actually, I was a grump at first. :)

Jean, thunder storms have such beauty and power at the same time! God bless!