Thursday, August 19, 2010

Daybook

Reading
"Lord, teach me to listen...let me hear Thee speaking in my heart. Let me get used to the sound of Thy voice..." A. W. Tozer, in - Be Still and Know That I Am God 
Meditation
I seem to have trouble listening lately. I seem to have trouble hearing your voice, Lord. I need to be still more and listen. I need to learn again how to hear your voice. 
Praying 
I am praying that God will teach me to listen, to hear His voice. I pray that I will learn to slow down and be still. I pray that I will remember that it is not all up to me. I need only let go and let God. 
Words of prayer to carry with me this week 
Teach me to listen. 
Beauty in the Ordinary 
Hospitality- I have met some people this week who have gone out of their way to be welcoming and caring. Truly a beautiful gift. I hope to learn from them. 
Moment(s) of gratitude 
I am so grateful for my husband and for our life together.
I am so grateful for the time of rest and play that I have had this week.

7 comments :

Jean Wise said...

I too have had trouble listening lately. Just spent some extended time in silence and still had difficulty. But what I did keep sensing was the sentence, "I am with you always." So am clinging to that promise whether is hear the Lord, or feel Him - He is still with me!

Thanks for your thoughts

Colleen said...

Jean, sounds like you listened just long enough! What a gift - to be reminded God is with you always even when you do not hear him or feel him. God bless!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Hi, I've come over from Sunday Snippets.

This is a beautiful daybook. Listening is something I need to work on, too. Listening with the heart and emptying myself OF myself and of my preconceived notions and thoughts.

Have a blessed week.

evanscove said...

Listening is one area I'm struggling with. I want to do all the talking, and my chattering mind doesn't want to quiet down. Discipline is needed!

Evan

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Sometimes it's hard to shut off my mind and let God speak to me. Things seem to go better when I am deeply relaxed. I trust my guardian angel and Our Lady to help me when I'm having a lot of trouble letting go and letting God work.

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you for visiting my blog! God bless!

Evan, yes, discipline is needed for sure! God bless!

Colleen said...

Barb, good idea to ask our guardian angels to help us let go and listen. Thanks!