Saturday, August 7, 2010

Praying the Psalms - Psalm 30

I just love the Psalms. And I love joining Jenny at Just A Minute in Praying the Psalms every Saturday. Won't you join us? This week is Psalm 30.
You changed my mourning into dancing; you took off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness. With my whole being I sing endless praise to you. O LORD, my God, forever will I give you thanks. - Psalm 30:12-13
I have been in mourning most of my life. When a child is sexually abused, there is unending grief. And there will probably always be grief for me, this side of heaven.
But the Lord showed me love and light and healing. He showed me the possible and then he gave it to me. While I know that from time to time, I have to deal with the grief left over from my childhood, I am forever grateful for the dance and the song that God has given to me.
Oh, Lord, you changed my mourning into dancing. I did not think it was possible. I did not think I could be pulled out of the pit, the darkness. But with you, nothing is impossible.
And so I sing endless praise to you, Lord, with my whole being. Forever and ever. Amen.

2 comments :

Natalie said...

Beautiful, Colleen! Your life is a testimony to our God- His love, HIs healing, His goodness.

Colleen said...

Natalie, thank you so much. That is why I continue to share. God bless.