Saturday, August 21, 2010

Praying the Psalms - Psalm 32

I just love the Psalms. And I love joining Jenny at Just A Minute in Praying the Psalms every Saturday. Won't you join us? This week is Psalm 32.
Happy the sinner whose fault is removed, whose sin is forgiven. - Psalm 32-1
I have experienced this forgiveness. I have felt this happiness when I have gone to confession.
It has taken me a lifetime to realize that God's mercy endures forever and ever. It has taken me a lifetime to realize that God's love for me is not based on what I do or do not do.
I need not be afraid when I go to confession. I need not be afraid to tell God my sins and to ask for His mercy.
I can never lose His Love.
No matter what.

8 comments :

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I have learned to really appreciate confession. What a gift!

Colleen said...

Elizabeth, so have I. Thanks for your comment! God bless!

Anne said...

Isn't it wonderful when our prayerful reading of the psalms draws repentance from our hearts and leads us to His forgiveness?

Colleen said...

Anne, amen!! Thanks!

evanscove said...

Confession is certainly very good for us. God is far more merciful than we are. St. John Vianney remarked that God is more willing to forgive than a mother is to pull her child from a burning building. On a stained glass window in one of my parish's confessionals we have a quote by St. Paul of the Cross: "The fires of God's love consume our sins like a wad of cotton in a forest fire."

Thanks be to God for His grace!

Evan

Colleen said...

Evan, I just love that quote! Thanks!

Natalie said...

His forgiveness has made me blissfully happy too, Colleen!

Colleen said...

Natalie, oh God is good!