Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sabbath Moments - Be Still

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, share about it in a comment!
Some of my Sabbath moments this week:
1. Driving home in the rain. We had a tropical depression blow by us this week and it rained on and off all day. The cloud cover was weird looking - laying low and providing some kind of ceiling over the earth. I did not have an opportunity to pull over and take a picture. Darn. But it was nature in all its beauty and power.
2. I had an hour in Eucharistic Adoration. I have no words.
3. Took a little time a few evenings this week to just sit and ponder. And to be still. Total silence and peace. No agenda, just sitting with the Lord.
Did you have some Sabbath moments this week?

5 comments :

Karinann said...

Colleen,
These are beautiful moments. I too love a good storm.
Hugs!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I would love to see the area in which you live in person some day...it seems to be ABUNDANTLY blessed with the glories and splendors of nature! Thank you for sharing them with us and thank you for this weekly meme...I really enjoy it:)

evanscove said...

Yes, no words are needed for eucharistic adoration. It should go without saying that that is a sabbath moment!

Thanks again for hosting this! :-)

Colleen said...

Karinann, thank you so much for stopping by. Glad you like the "moments." Hugs back!!

Judy, you would love it. Quite a mix of wildlife and nature and weather. Never a dull moment! Glad you like this meme! Thanks for joining me every week!

Evan, thank you too for joining me in this meme! And I couldn't agree more with what you said about adoration. God bless!

Robert B said...

My favorite moments in Eucharistic Adoration are when He and I are looking at each other without any words. Thank you for the reminder. There is beauty and love in the silence. Truly, God speaks in a whisper.