Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sabbath Moments - Bible & Beach Time

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, share about it in a comment!
Some of my Sabbath moments this week:
1. I took some time everyday to read some scripture - the readings of the day AND Sunday's readings so I can reflect on them before Sunday. Normally this is something I do when I have the time. This week I made the time. I made it a priority.
2. We spent a couple of days at the beach and I enjoyed a lot of time sitting on the beach or on the balcony just contemplating God's beautiful creation. Watching the seagulls, listening to the waves, hearing the children laughing and playing in the sand. This was a time of play and rest - no work, no running around - no schedules!
What were some of your sabbath moments?

5 comments :

Karinann said...

Colleen,
Beautiful picture of the beach. I am counting the days until my retreat at the beach in Sept.!
Hugs!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

If I ever got the chance to visit the beach, I'd have my camera and take photos from sunrise to sunset. It must be beautiful. I bet meditating at the beach must give one a sense of overpowering presence of God looking out towards the horizon and following the expanse of ocean in three directions. God has blessed you with this opportunity.

Colleen said...

Karinann, I was wondering if you were going back there! Hugs!

Barb, thank you. You said it well. The beach is where I so often find God. God bless!

Kathleen@so much to say, so little time said...

That is a spectacular photo. Definitely a good place for a sabbath moment.

Colleen said...

Kathleen, thank you. Yes, it was a beautiful place.