Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sabbath Moments - Just Be

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
Sabbath moments were easy to come by this week. I have been on vacation for the past two weeks. The first week was spent traveling and sightseeing. This second week was all about resting and relaxing.
I spent time praying and meditating. I spent a day or two in my pajamas doing nothing. I read some books, paid a visit to my favorite bookstore, and even went to a movie. I cannot remember the last time I actually went to a movie theater!
I just spent my time doing nothing. Nothing at least in the eyes of the world.
But while I was doing "nothing," I was hanging out with my hubby. And hanging out with the Lord.
I spent my time just BEING, instead of DOING.
Thank you, Lord! I needed that!

5 comments :

Karinann said...

Glad you are enjoying your vacation, Colleen. These are wonderful Sabbath Moments.
Hugs and blessings!

evanscove said...

It's always good to get away from it all! I join Karinann and am likewise glad you had a good vacation.

My post offers some laughs from the past. :-)

Evan

Colleen said...

Karinann, thank you. It was just what I needed.

Evan, thank you! I will have to run over to your post and check out your laughs!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Aaah..."BEING"...how wonderful!
But, PLEASE tell me that you changed out of your pajamas before going to the book store and theater!!!!!!!
hee hee

Colleen said...

Judy, yeah, darn it, there are no drive-in theaters any more!! LOL.