Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sixty Seconds on Tuesday - Beautiful Quote

On Tuesdays I join Jenny at her blog called Just a Minute. She has a meme called Sixty Seconds on Tuesday which you can read more about here. Join her on Tuesdays to preserve a precious moment in word or photo. It is fun to share! 

God compares the Soul to Five Things:
You are the beautiful rose among thorns.
You are the bee buzzing in the honey.
You are the excellent flying dove.
You are the beautiful sparkling sun.
You are the full moon in the sky.
I can't turn my eyes away from you! - Mechthild of Magdeburg

It took me just 60 seconds to fall in love with this beautiful quote. But I must tell you, I need more than 60 seconds to digest all its meanings.
For now, it is enough to read it and reflect.
Just imagine! God cannot take his eyes away from us.

7 comments :

Karinann said...

Thanks for this one Colleen. I agree it will provide for many hours of meditation. Also good for those days when we look at ourselves and don't see any of those things. It's nice to remember that God delights in us always (maybe not our behavior) but always in us.
Hugs!

Anne said...

I love this! What a wonderful love letter from the Lord!

Colleen said...

Karinann, I love how you put that about God delighting in us. Hugs!

Colleen said...

Anne, I agree!! God bless!

Karen said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Colleen said...

Karen, thank you!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

When I was training our younger rescue dog I became aware of how much I wanted her to do well because I had that treat, the reward, I really wanted to give her. One day I realized that God really wants to give us His gifts, that the love and enjoyment I have in my dog is only a small reflection of the enjoyment God has in us, His creatures. This post speaks His love so simply and eloquently.