Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - Vacation

Every Wednesday I join a special friend, Judy, in a meme that she hosts at her wonderful blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Participating in this meme helps me to be more aware of my blessings. Thank you, Judy!
Here are some of my blessings from this week:
1. Thank you, Lord, for the freedom we have in this country. We went away last week, saw Charleston, SC for the first time. Beautiful city. So much history. Went to Fort Sumter where the first battle of the Civil War took place. Reminded me of the many sacrifices made for our country and for freedom.
2. Thank you, Lord, for our vacation. Besides going to Charleston, we went to the beach for a couple of days. Beautiful and peaceful and just what I needed.
3. Thank you, Lord, for all the rain we have been getting, which even followed us out of town! Didn't stop us from having fun and seeing the sights!
4. Thank you, Lord, for my family and friends. They fill my life with love and joy.
5. Thank you, Lord, for Your unconditional Love. I love you. Amen.

6 comments :

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

WOW! Jake and Laura studied Ft Sumter and the Civil War Battles in depth! What a blessing to see such hallowed grounds in person! We live about an hour from Antietam as well:)
Thanks for sharing these beautiful gifts God gave you this past week!
So glad you had a nice vacation!

Colleen said...

Judy, it was awesome. Really brought it home to me what happened there. Rich is a civil war expert. Would probably like to visit Antietam. God bless!

munchesmom said...

GREAT list! DH & I have been talking about taking a trip to Charleston next year. After reading your post, I REALLY hope we're able to!

Colleen said...

munchesmom, we just loved it! Beautiful city and a lot to see. Blessings!

sarah said...

great list of gratitude

Colleen said...

Sarah, thank you!