Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thoughts on August

August is here already. Where did the summer go? Some thoughts about August (in no particular order) -
  • Heat & humidity - arguably the hottest month of the year
  • Back to school - I live in Florida - we start early. I have no idea why when you look at #1.
  • My son and dil's first wedding anniversary - has it been a year already?
  • The month I will launch a new project - to be announced soon!
  • The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - need I say more?
  • 10th anniversary of my profession as a Benedictine Oblate - 10 years!!!
What does August make you think of?

4 comments :

RomanCatholic Deacon said...

I'll be happy when this month is over, Colleen. My electric bill is sky high from running the AC constantly.
BTW, don't forget Our Lady of the Snows today; The Transfiguration tomorrow and the Queenship of the Blessed Virgin Mary on the 22nd.
Also, this Month of August is traditionally in honor of the Immaculate Heart of Mary!
I'm looking forward to November. That's when we finally get a cool breeze :-)
God love you+
Deacon John

Colleen said...

John, thanks for your comment and your wonderful additions to my list. I too am looking forward to November. Won't it be nice to put a sweater on? God bless!

Anne said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! How wonderful!

It's so interesting that you just listened to Fr. Kubicki's retreat. I love how the internet connects people from everywhere and makes us all feel like next door neighbors!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Many Happy Returns and Congratulations for 10 years.

God bless.