Friday, September 3, 2010

Praying the Psalms - Psalm 34

I just love the Psalms. And I love joining Jenny at Just A Minute in Praying the Psalms every Saturday. Won't you join us? This week is Psalm 34.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted, saves those whose spirit is crushed. - Psalm 34: 19
I know that I have often felt closer to the Lord when things are difficult. When I am indeed brokenhearted.
Perhaps it is because I am more aware, or more needy. I am more vulnerable and less sure of myself.
Maybe it is because I am on my knees more.
Lord, I know you are with me always. Save me, when my spirit is crushed. Raise me up when I am low. And heal my broken heart. Amen.

2 comments :

Natalie said...

It's when I feel closest to Him, too, Colleen!

Colleen said...

Natalie, thanks! God bless!