Friday, September 24, 2010

Praying the Psalms - Psalm 37

I just love the Psalms. And I love joining Jenny at Just A Minute in Praying the Psalms every Saturday. Won't you join us? This week is Psalm 37.
"...though we stumble, we shall not fall headlong,
for the Lord holds us by the hand." (Psalm 37:24)
I like this verse.
God knows we stumble. We stumble a lot. But He holds us by the hand, so we don't fall all the way. So we don't hurt ourselves more than we do.
Oh, yes, we have free will. We can run away from God, but He never runs away from us.
We can turn away from the Lord, but He never turns away from us.
God carries us through the rough times and picks us up over and over and over. So we have nothing to fear.
God's go a hold of us.
Dear Lord, hold onto me and never let me go.

3 comments :

Natalie said...

I was drawn to this verse, too, Colleen, after a week of what certainly felt like falling and not just stumbling. But we trust His Word over our feelings, right? I love hearing your take on the psalms each week!

Jenny said...

Dear Lord hold on to me and never let me go

This makes me think of a little child and the trust they have in their parent. Thank you for your beautiful reflection.

Colleen said...

Natalie, thank you! (I had the same kind of week!)

Jenny, thank you! God bless!