Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sabbath Moments - Finding Peace

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
Sabbath moments were harder to come by this week. I was back to work after a wonderful vacation and had a short week and too much to do to fit it all in. That is when Sabbath moments are even more important, when we have to be sure to take the time - make the time - to be with the Lord.
1. Eucharistic Adoration. I spent my middle-of-the-night hour and what a gift. In the middle of a harried week, it was an oasis of peace and silence. Thank you, Jesus.
2. Crazy day in the middle of the week. Had so much to do, should have skipped my break but I had a lunch appointment with a friend. That break did such wonders for my mental health and that sense of peace. When two or more are gathered in His name... Thank you, Jesus.
3. Late at night. Having some alone time. Turned TV off. Computer off. I sat and listened in the peaceful silence. Thank you, Jesus.
What were some of your Sabbath moments?

8 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

This week I've been thinking about all the evil done under cover of darkness. How good it is to have someone like you adoring Our Lord in the middle of the night. Those quiet times are priceless.

Karinann said...

Colleen,
These are wonderful Sabbath Moments. I love my middle of the night hour with Jesus too- especially when no one else is in the chapel.
Thanks for sharing your peaceful moments with us. Congratulations on the second anniversary of your book. I know that it has not only helped your own healing but that of many others as well. It has also helped to educate those who are not abuse survivors.
Hugs and blessings!

evanscove said...

Thank Jesus indeed! Those little moments certainly help keep us sane.
Eucharistic adoration and time with a friend--how much better of "Sabbath moment" can you get than things like that?
Evan

Colleen said...

Barb, I had not thought of that - the adoring Jesus in the dark! Amazing huh? I will surely pray on that more when I go again! Thanks.

Karinann, I love being alone too. Very special. Doe not happen often, but I love it. Thanks for your comments on my book and for all your support since I have been in this blogging world with you. Hugs back!

Evan, Amen! And I agree these moments help to keep us sane.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I love your moments, Colleen.
I admire the way you are always able to find beautiful PEACE and CALMNESS amidst a hurried or busy schedule.

Colleen said...

Judy, thank you! I look it for it everywhere and God suddenly opens my eyes!

Jean Wise said...

Colleen you are so right that Sabbath is even more important in the middle of a crazy busy week. ANd taking the time to note them as you do heightens their joy. Thanks for the reminder

Colleen said...

Jean, thank you. That is what I love about this meme. Helps me to remember to pause.