Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sabbath Moments - Praying for the Right Words

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
I have been working all week on retreat talks I am giving at my parish. The theme of the retreat is God Is Love.
So, my quiet moments of reflection have been to ponder on how to say what the Spirit wants me to say. I need to really listen in the silence.
Funny thing, it never seems to come together until the very last moment. Whether I am not really listening or God chooses to wait to give me the right words, I am not sure. Often, I am writing until the wee hours of the morning on the day of the retreat. We shall see what happens this time. I was struggling with how to end the talk and the idea came to me "out of the blue." I have learned to trust those "out of the blue" ideas. Thank you, Lord.

6 comments :

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Thanks for still hosting your wonderful meme during such a busy week Colleen. I am sure that the retreatants are very blessed by all that you share with them. I would LOVE to be one of them! You have given me a real "eye opener" here...I have never considered, when I am struggling to find words and "waiting on the Spirit" that the reason might not be my own lack of focus or openness...but that He just hasn't decided to GIVE ME THE WORDS YET!!! WOW!
Thanks for this!

Mary333 said...

With the theme being "God is Love", I am sure the Holy Spirit will guide you! I'll add my prayers that the retreat goes well and that the Lord opens the hearts of those that attend!

evanscove said...

May your retreat be blessed, and may you be given great inspiration! Actually, it appears you already have...

I've experienced this before, the answers coming at the last minute. But maybe He's teaching us to trust in Him.

Evan

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I've been in your shoes. Sometimes getting stuck is a grace because God always comes to the rescue. That is how we know what we are doing is His work, not ours.

Colleen said...

Judy, you are welcome! Sometimes I think the Lord is asking me to trust more by giving me the words at the last minute. Amazing, He always does give me what I need.

Mary, thank you for your prayers. It went very well!

evan, I so agree!

Barb, I agree! It is very humbling.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless you ... out of the blue.

I pray you have a successful retreat.