Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sabbath Moments - To Think or Not to Think

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
1. Friday was Remicade infusion day for my rheumatoid arthritis. I try to take that time of about 2 hours to read and pray and just be. I thought it was such a God-incidence that I found a meditation on how to "Just Be." Hmmm.
2. As I write this, I am looking forward to going to Eucharistic Adoration for 2 hours. The Sabbath moment of all moments.
3. One evening I had a couple of hours alone. Peace and quiet. This week has been so busy at work that I have hardly had time to think. What a gift to just rest and pray. And think - or not.

10 comments :

Debra said...

This past Sunday my husband and I enjoyed a few moments at the beach in Gulf Shores, Ala. I continue to be amazed how God can arrange such beauty, water, sand, blue sky, birds and best of all sunsets!

Awesome!

Karinann said...

Colleen,I love how you are able to make your RA treatments a Sabbath Moment. I agree- Eucharistic Adoration is THE Sabbath Moment.
Come to think of it, my whole week of retreat was one long continuous Sabbath Moment!
Hugs and Blessings!

Mary333 said...

Peace and quiet are 2 of my favorite things. During the summer these moments are hard to come by but plentiful in the fall! Enjoy your quiet time with Jesus today :)

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Colleen, I loved your "to think or not to think". Some health problems give themselves over to just being with the Lord. Especially when the medication slows down the brain!

Colleen said...

Debra, awesome is right! God bless!

Karinann, yes, you really had quite a sabbath moment! What a blessing!

Mary, thank you! I agree - seems like peace and quiet go together don't they?

Barb, thank you! I agree!

evanscove said...

I too am amazed that you can find getting medical treatment a "sabbath moment." I would think of it as something I just have to endure. But that's good positive thinking on your part! Make lemonade of life's lemons. :-)

Evan

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

So glad I made it...better late than never, right? Thanks for sharing your beautiful moments with us...I just love this meme each week.
Isn't it something how TIME can be such a gift...time to rest...time to pray...even time to receive your medication when you use it to be with God as you so humbly do.

Colleen said...

Evan, i usually go to my treatment thinking like it is just something I have to endure. Then I get there and realize it is such a perfect opportunity for me to just sit and be. Must be grace eh? God must like to help us make lemonade! :)

Judy, yes! Time is a gift. I can never seem to make it stand still!

RAnn said...

I have so much trouble with sitting still and being quiet, but the discipline of scheduled adoration has been so good for me

Colleen said...

RAnn, I love to sit still but struggle with finding time. I agree that scheduled adoration really helps me find the time! and is really such a blessing! Thanks for stopping by! God bless!