Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - Chuckles and Grandbabies

Join Judy, a special blogging friend of mine, on Wednesdays when she hosts this great meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog.
While you are there, check out her other blogs PLUS her website. I love participating in this meme because it helps me to be more aware of my blessings. Thank you, Judy!
Here are some of my blessings from this week in no particular order:
1. God's love and patience - I was having a bit of a pity party today. Finally just laid everything down at God's feet, said I was sorry, and asked him to take back control of my life because I really cannot run it all by myself!! Which of course, I knew that, but I keep forgetting. I wonder if I cause God to chuckle, just a little. Does He shake His head and say - "There she goes again!"
2. My hubby - my best friend, the love of my life. What would I do without him? I am grateful for him every single day of my life. Do you know he actually fusses over me sometimes? Never had anyone do that before. Years ago I watched his father dote on his mother. Now my husband dotes on me. Amazing.
3. Sharing my love of God - I am leading a retreat for religious ed teachers at my parish this Saturday. I am always grateful for this opportunity to share my love of God with others. Please pray that I allow God to use me this way and that I do not get in His way!
4. Rain - I am listening to it fall as I write this and it is very peaceful sounding. Which is what I needed at this moment.
5. The face of Joy - I posted a picture of my grandson yesterday. My newest grandbaby. Just too cute. And that face of joy just lights up a room - and my heart. Cannot have a pity party with that face to look at!

4 comments :

munchesmom said...

AWESOME list for you this week! I love each one. I'm sure God gets whiplash when he shakes his head at me...LOL! Good luck w/ your retreat Saturday.

Mary333 said...

Wonderful list of blessings, Colleen! Don't worry about the retreat, you'll be great!

I tagged you for a new blog meme. It's an easy one. Victor had the idea that we should pass it around
- so I did :) God bless you!

Colleen said...

munchesmom, thank you! I love how you put that - Whiplash!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

So glad that you enjoy this meme Colleen! Your grandson is the epitome of JOY for sure!
And having a doting husband is blessing beyond all measure! That is SO SWEET.