Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - Faith and Family

Join Judy, a special blogging friend of mine, on Wednesdays when she hosts this great meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Thank you, Judy, for this great meme which reminds me to keep an attitude of gratitude!
Here are some of my blessings from this week:
1. Beautiful weather - I love this time of year when it is not so humid and I can feel some cool breezes when I drive to work in the morning! Thank you, Lord!
2. Ducks - I love ducks. And there is a pond near an intersection on the way to work where I can watch the ducks as I wait for the traffic light to turn green. Sometimes it turns green too soon!
3. My mom - we have lived many miles apart for years, but yet we are still close. We keep in touch with daily emails and had a wonderful phone conversation this past week, just chatting about what is going on in our lives. Thank you, Lord!
4. My husband - he makes me laugh, he takes care of me, and he loves me just the way I am! Which is an awesome blessing!
5. My faith - I hope I never take this gift for granted! I am so grateful for my faith in God - it really makes such a difference in my life!

10 comments :

Debra said...

My blessings are often too numerous to count! I too am thankful that we will be seeing some cooler days soon. October is my favorite month of the year!

munchesmom said...

GREAT List! I agree w/ #1...this is my kind of weather too, although the next couple days are going to be back in the upper 80s here. And I got a chuckle out of your ducks! For some reason, before I even started reading your whole post, my eyes were drawn to the word "ducks."

evanscove said...

You're right on about faith being a gift we shouldn't take for granted or let go of. Trust me, after 7 years of agnosticism, I've learned that lesson all too well!

Unfortunately we don't have any ducks in my neighborhood. My mother would love to feed them!

And now it's officially autumn. Time for the weather to cool off and for the trees to start changing color. I always enjoy the change of season too! :-)

Evan

Mary333 said...

Great list of blessings! Michaela and I like to feed the ducks and geese at a nearby pond. They won't be around much longer, though!

Colleen said...

Debra, I am looking forward to October myself!

munchesmom, glad to give you a chuckle! They make me chuckle too!

evan, your mother would love these ducks! I took my faith for granted for years. once I became Catholic, that all changed.

Mary, glad you like my list! Maybe some of your ducks will come my way for the winter!
:)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for this Blog.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Thank you Victor! God bless.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

What a wonderful list of blessings!
YES! Ducks! Such sweet creatures!
I think it's just great that your mom emails!!!!
Wish we had some of your cooler weather this week...we have returned to hot, dry, and humid here...it's been in the 90's this week.

Jamey said...

Wonderful post Colleen...I love ducks too. Have a great day!

Colleen said...

Jamey, thank you! Ducks really are so lovable!

Judy, oh, I hope you get cooler weather too.
Once my mother discovered how easily we could stay in touch if she emailed, she started emailing me about 2 or 3 years ago. It is great!