Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - Sept 29

Join Judy, a special blogging friend of mine, on Wednesdays when she hosts this great meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Thank you, Judy, for this great meme which reminds me to keep an attitude of gratitude!
Here are some of my blessings from this week:
1. Rain - we had some rain today, the soft kind, not the thunder and lightning scary kind. It was peaceful and comforting to watch from my comfy living room.
2. My ministry of spiritual direction - spiritual direction is such a gift for the directee but also for the director. What a joy and privilege to be invited into someone's spiritual life.
3. Autumn - I love autumn. Even in Florida. We do not have leaves changing color and we continue to have green lawns for awhile, but still, the weather becomes a little cooler, less humidity. And the birds! They start returning from up north looking to spend the winter here. Thank you, Lord!
4. Friends and Family - Thank you, Lord, for my friends and family. Through them, You have taught me how to love and accept love. So amazing, I cannot even comprehend it at times.
5. My health - with rheumatoid arthritis, I never know how I will feel from week to week but this week I am doing well and I am so grateful!
How about you? What are some of your blessings?

6 comments :

munchesmom said...

A beautiful list for you this week! Yes, that rain is definitely a blessing after such a dry, HOT (did I mention HOT?!?) summer! I love autumn, too. It was so great to have our family vacation in Hocking Hills last week...such a beautiful display of color on the trees.

Karinann said...

Hi Colleen. These are lovely blessings. Autumn is my favorite time of year. I can't wait for the cooler temps and colorful leaves!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Lovely blessings! And I'm not so sad to see the birds leave anymore...when I think that they are just coming to visit YOU! Too bad I can't attach a note to one, eh? "Little goose...please deliver this to my friend Colleen!" ::SMILE::

Colleen said...

munchesmom, very HOT!! How cool that you got to see the leaves change!! Thanks for stopping by!

Karinann, I cannot wait for cooler temps too. Don't get as cool as you though! God bless!

Judy, you are so sweet! Wish we could send notes back and forth like that!

evanscove said...

We've had more rain than we know what to do with! All this week we've been deluged... I was about ready to call Noah to build us an ark. On the one hand, we were going through a dry spell and needed rain, but we got a lot more than we bargained for. I hope local farmers didn't lose any crops or livestock.

So the birds are heading south for the winter. I don't blame them! Frankly, I don't care to live up north either. :-)

Family is always a blessing. Without their support, life could easily pull us down.

Have a blessed weekend.

Evan

Colleen said...

Evan, isn't that funny about rain sometimes? Too much or not enough!
That's funny what you said about the birds. God bless!