Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Monday Daybook

Reading
The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything, by Fr. James Martin. Excellent book on Ignatian spirituality. I've read two other books by Father Martin and I like the way he writes. It's really funny but for years I did not really feel drawn to Ignatian spirituality at all but nowadays I seem to be reading more and more about it. Hmmm.
Beauty in the Ordinary 
My husband teasing me and giving me that "little boy" grin. 
Moment(s) of gratitude 
I am so grateful for my husband and for our life together.
I am so grateful for today. 
The Scripture in my heart
"Seek and you will find..." Matthew 7:7
Meditation
Seeking and longing seem to be on my mind and heart this week. That longing for God that pulls me (or should I say "calls " me) into prayer.
Words of prayer to carry with me this week 
Seek ye first the kingdom of God
Praying
Dear Lord, help me to keep my eyes on you and put you first before all.
Picture to Share
For Respect Life Month - 50 Crosses at our church surrounding a statue of Mary, each representing a state that legalizes abortion

2 comments :

Mary333 said...

I'll join you in your prayer, Colleen, about keeping our eyes on God. I just wish I could always remember to do this!

Colleen said...

Me too! Thanks for joining me!