Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sabbath Moments - Finding Rest

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
I had some concerns this week. Some heavy burdens. They were weighing me down. And I could not seem to hand them over to God.
Then one day I had lunch with a friend. What a peaceful oasis that was. We shared our worries and burdens with each other and it was like Jesus was right there, lifting the weight off of our shoulders. By the end of the lunch, we were both cracking jokes and laughing. And we walked out of the restaurant much lighter than we went in.
"Come to me all you who labor and are burdened and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

6 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Friends are great gifts, aren't they?

Mary333 said...

Good friendships are certainly a blessing! Sorry I forgot to link up before work this morning. I'm a space case lately :)

evanscove said...

I know what you mean. In my "Sabbath Moments" entry I talked about having coffee with a friend. Always lifts your spirits!

Evan

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Thanks for this meme, Colleen!
Glad you had a nice lunch with your friend AND Jesus!
Published a special little post for you on benmakesten today! Hope you like it!

Colleen said...

Barb, Amen!

Mary, no problem! I seem to have the same spaciness thing going on this week!

Evan, yes, just being with a friend can lift us up! What a blessing!

Colleen said...

Judy, I love it! So glad you love the audio too. More to come!
Thanks so much! Hugs and blessings!