Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sabbath Moments - Rosary

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
Some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Friday - I spent the day in solitude and silence. Praying and listening can really help me listen better to the Lord. Certainly one way to rest in God.
2. Rosary - I have already posted many times my difficulty with praying the rosary. Well, I found a free e-book on the Our Sunday Visitor page about the Rosary of the Hours. I chose an hour to pray a decade of the rosary and read the meditations and I was amazed at how joyful I felt praying the rosary that way. Maybe that is because it is just a different way to pray it.
Did you have some Sabbath moments this week that you wish to share!

7 comments :

Mary333 said...

Hi Colleen! The Rosary of the Hours sounds like something I would like, too! Thanks for the link!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Thanks for the link, Colleen. I am going to try this myself, or at least use the meditations.

I think the important thing regarding the rosary is that Jesus wants us to love His mother and be close to her. Sometimes I am drawn to stay with her at the Annunciation and hear Gabriel's words to her again and again, and I may be there for the entire rosary. Maybe we need to not stress out over praying the rosary "right" and just let it be a love song to Mary.

Colleen said...

Mary, you are welcome! Hope you like it! Thanks for joining me in my meme each week!

Barb, you are so right! I must learn to do that. It would work for me better I think.

Karinann said...

Thanks for sharing this, Colleen. I will definitely check the rosary e-book out as I too have difficulty in saying the rosary.
Have a great weekend and God bless!

Colleen said...

Karinann, you are welcome! I hope you find it helpful! I have prayed a few decades this weekend. I will see my rosary and grab it, find the hour I am in, and pray a decade. Really am enjoying it. God bless!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

How awesome for you that you had Friday to spend in solitude and prayer!

Thanks for posting the link for the rosary. I will be using it when I pray the rosary next. :)

Colleen said...

Carol, days like that Friday do not come often so I appreciated every minute!