Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - Oct 20

Judy is a special blogging friend of mine and she hosts this great meme every Wednesday at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Please join us!
Here are some of my blessings from this week:
1. I was under the weather for a few days but am feeling much better today! Thank you, Lord.
2. My deacon hubby has touched many people with his homilies and reflections and talks. Thank you, Lord, for my husband's vocation to the diaconate.
3. I thought I was looking forward to a few days of silence and solitude last week, when my hubby went to help out at Cursillo. But I started missing him before he even left!! Thank you, Lord, for my husband and for our marriage (my hubby's OTHER vocation!).
4. My grandchildren are growing like weeds! I have a few in college and a 4 month old and several inbetween! Thank you, Lord, for my family.
5. It is so wonderful to be able to work at a place where our "business" is all about God. Thank you, Lord, for my job and my co-workers and my pastor.

8 comments :

munchesmom said...

Lovely list! My dad is a deacon & has been a pillar of strength for his parish. I've always loved his homilies. And what a blessing to be able to work where you can share your faith freely!

Jean Wise said...

Interesting comment about your hubby. I too have been filled with gratitude - much more than normal - for my husband lately. Thankful to God for putting us together. Thanks for sharing this each week.

Colleen said...

Munchesmom, yes it is a blessing! I feel so fortunate and grateful!

Jean, I think as years go on, I am more and more grateful. Our marriage has been so blessed! That's why I missed him before he left! We are very rarely apart. God bless!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Such a beautiful list of thanksgiving!
Amazing how the longer we're married the MORE LOVE we have (love begets love, right?) ::smile::
I sure would love to hear your hubby preach. Any CD's in his future?

Colleen said...

Judy, great idea! I will have to suggest that to him! Have a blesses day! :)

evanscove said...

May your deacon husband continue to be a blessing to others as he serves the church! Our parish could use a few deacons...

Glad you're feeling better. That's always something to be thankful for.

And it sounds like you're a proud grandma--with lots to be proud of. :-)
"Count your many blessings, name them one by one..."

Evan

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I love the idea of a thankfulness list. I'm glad Judy thought of this. It really makes us remember all that we've been blessed with. It reminds me of the old hymn "Count Your Many Blessings" :-)
Blessings~
Marcia

Colleen said...

Marcia, I agree. It really helps me to remember and keep a thankful attitude!